Hey GirlMoguls, it’s Daisy here and today I thought I’d write a bit about feelings – I mean after all we all have them. Even me – sure I know I can be all tough on the outside, but really a lot of the time, I am just doing that to hide what’s going on inside. And while you know I wouldn’t want to change me for the world – after all – who would point when Lily’s getting all super bossy – I thought maybe it was time to work a little on the inside…
Sometimes my dad likes to use weather words to describe my mood – stormy, changing. She’s joking…I think, but sometimes I guess he”s right. I can be pretty moody. Just ask Lily. So I wondered if there was anything I could do to help me, be well less moody. So I did a little research and came across this great little exercise that I think will really help.
Ok, so first of all get out your secret notebook, journal, or pad of paper – or if you’re like me, you can use your computer (I like to put a password on my super private files – that no one can break in).
Now that you’re all set with a place to write stuff down, read through the following situations and think about if you’ve been in a similar situation – if you haven’t – use your imagination and think about what it would be like if you had:
- Your teacher says, “I’ll have to call you parents if you keep doing poorly on tests.”
- The boy you’re crushing on asks you to go to the school dance
- Your dad or mom tells your sister how proud they are of her grades
- Your mom tells you to go to bed, but your favorite tv show still has 20 minutes left on it
- You wake up on Friday morning and find that school’s been canceled because of a monster snow storm
- Time for gym class, and everyone, including you has to change in the locker room
- A new friend says, out of the blue, “You’re so cool”
- The ref makes a bad call against you at the biggest game of the season
You can set up up your mood journal this way
WHAT I’M FEELING:
WHY I FEEL THIS WAY:
HOW I EXPRESSED THIS EMOTION:
WAYS TO FEEL BETTER WHEN I’M FEELING DOWN:
So take the time and go through any of the things that have happened recently – good and bad and write them down. Next up will talk about ways to deal with the bad stuff – like stress, and how to make yourself feel super awesome even when things aren’t going your way….
Posted by GirlMogul Daisy