“Stack O’ Fun B-day Present”
Hey GirlMoguls – we have a cool craft from our friend Ruby over at www.makeitruby.com. Check out this cool DIY project that makes an awesome birthday present for your BFF!
Ruby’s Tool Kit: assortment of boxes, wrapping paper, bow, tap hot glue gun, scissors
1. Reuse an assortment of gift boxes. Wrap the boxes and the lids separate in colorful gift wrap.
2. Secure each box to the lid of the box below with hot glue.
3. Top the present with a colorful bow. Fill each box with craft materials. After the party it makes for great storage:)
Viola – You’re done!
“I Created a Monster”
Hey GirlMoguls – our friends over at www.makeitruby.com have another fun Halloween craft for us – enjoy
Ruby’s Tool Kit: empty 12 pack soda box, pencil, markers, scissors, paints, tape!
1. Flatten out the soda box. Draw out the body parts of your monster with a pencil.
2. Cut out pieces & paint them so it is SPOOKY!
3. Tape them together in a ghoulish posture. Hang up your monster on a wall, a window, or outside on a tree.
And here’s an update from real-life GirlMogul Nina
OMG GirlMoguls! Guess What? I did it! I donated all of my hair to Locks of Love. I feel so proud and empowered, and am so surprised at how happy I am with my new short hair!
Okay, so let’s start from the beginning. I scheduled an appointment at the hair salon to cut my hair and donate it on my birthday. When I woke up in the morning, I was feeling so nauseous and anxious I almost wanted to call and cancel. Then, I talked to one of my best friends who told me that no matter what, I’m still the same person, with or without long hair. That made me feel better, so I decided to stick with my plan.
The time of the appointment came around so I went with my parents to the salon. The hairdresser put my hair in ponytails to cut off. The first one was the hardest, but after that, it became really fun! The hairdresser talked to me about what kind of cut I wanted, and he cut the style in baby steps so that way I could get used to it. After he was done, I looked in the mirror and I was shocked! I looked so different, yet I felt like I was more myself than ever before. I’m really glad I did this, and could help someone while doing something I wanted to do. Tell me your ideas about getting the cut and whether you would ever consider doing something like this! Plus, make sure to check out my “After” pictures!
Posted by Nina Ahuja
Hey GirlMoguls – it’s our friend Make it Ruby here and she has a brand new project for us – a cool eco friendly aluminum water bottle so you can stop toting around those environmentally unfriendly plastic bottle. So get going and get green and check out the: “Make A Difference Aluminum Water Bottle”
Ruby’s Tool Kit: aluminum water bottle, permanent markers, ribbon, beads, decorative jewels, all-purpose tacky glue
1. Renew a plain aluminum water bottle & make a difference:) Draw your pattern or design directly on your aluminum water bottle with permanent markers.
2. Choose eco conscious symbols that work with your design & be sure to add your name to the design to show you take pride in taking care of planet Earth.
3. Attach two pieces of pretty ribbon to the carabineer clip. Glue beads & decorative jewels to the ribbon to add the perfect finishing touch:)
Be sure to check out more fun DIY projects just for you at http://www.makeitruby.com