DIY Project: Venetian Necklaces!
Hey girls. I went to school and there was this awesome guest speaker who is a jewelry artist. She came to art class to teach us how to make a specific necklace called Venetian Necklaces. Here’s what you need:
- 1 string of seed beads (they come super cheap at any craft store; they are the tiny filler beads)
- 3 big, main beads in the style of your choice
- 6 medium sized beads that match the big ones
- 6 smaller beads that match the rest!
- Tiger tail (also really cheap at craft stores; its thin titanium used to make necklace instead of string)
- A closure
Here’s how you make one: I’m going to call the BIG beads “A” beads, the medium beads “B” beads, and the small beads “C” beads to make things easier. Start by cutting a long piece of tiger tail and knot one end. Now you can start beading! Start by stringing about 75 seed beads onto the string. That was easy! Here comes the technique part: next, add a C bead, ONE seed bead, a B bead, ONE seed bead, an A bead, ONE seed bead, a B bead, ONE seed bead, and then lastly, another C bead. Do you see the pattern? It’s called an ellipse, and shaped like an eye. Add about 20 seed beads, then do the pattern again: C, seed, B, seed, A, seed, B, seed, C. Add another 20 seed beads, and then the pattern again: C, seed, B, seed, A, seed, B, seed, C. Add the last 75 seed beads, and knot the other end! You now have a beautiful Venetian style necklace. Make sure you ask your patterns to put on the closer, and wear with pride! Check out the necklaces I made!
Posted by GirlMogul Daisy