Hey GirlMoguls – it’s Earth Girl Poppy here, and to continue our celebration of Earth Day, which is just a few days away, here are a few tips on how you can make a difference – by saving water. These are so simple and easy to do, it won’t even feel like you’re doing any work:
- Only do the laundry or run the dishwasher when it’s totally full – that’s because these machines use the same amount of water whether they’re full or half empty
- Take a shower instead of a bath – it uses less water – true everyone deserves a hot bubbly bath no and then, but try to keep these as special treats and take a nice hot, quick shower instead
- Keep a pitcher of cold water in the fridge for drinking instead of letting the tap run until the water is cold
- Turn off the faucet when you’re brushing your teeth
- Set up barrels underneath the downspouts around your house and use this rainwater to water the garden (ok – this one you might need some help with – but it could be a cool family project!)
- And as a bonus – you can take water from your cooking pots – like the pasta or veggie (you are eating your veggies, aren’t you?) and after it cools, you can water houseplants or outside pots with it.
Have fun saving water – all these little things can really add up!
Don’t forget to check out our Earth Day contests here to win cool prizes!
Posted by GirlMogul Poppy