Hey GirlMoguls, it’s Daisy here with some more great craft ideas. Maybe you saw the cool t-shirt quilt Bella’s mom made her in Eclipse and were wondering how to do that yourself. Well, I went through my closet and came up with a simple way for you make that quilt. It’s a great craft for tweens, though you might need a little help from a parent with the sewing – but you definitely don’t need a sewing machine for this one.
Many little kids enjoy playing dress up with old clothes, but once they hit the tween stage, what can you do with all those old clothes? Here are d few fun clothing crafts for tweens that will help you reuse and repurpose all of those old clothes.
The Old T-Shirt Quilt
- Start by taking a a large piece of soft fabric as your base – this will be the size of the blanket.
- Then take all those favorite t-shirts and cut out the front logos in large squares. (If you don’t have enough, maybe you can work on this with a friend, your sister or even your mom.
- Next, sew the t-shirt rectangles together to match the size of your quilt base.
- Then take cotton batting, which you can get at any fabric store, between the layers and sew the two layers together.
- Then you can complete the quilt by sewing along the t-shirt squares to keep the batting in place.
- Add some pretty edging and you have a cool memory t-shirt quilt.
Til next time – have fun creating