Quick weeknight meals
Author Maxim Tourou / Category Architecture / Published: Apr-05-2018
I'm hear to tell you that weekday meals do not need to be fancy. They just need to be filling AND crowd pleasers.
But I get it, planning ahead can be hard and that's where your good intentions of NOT ordering pizza OR stopping for fast food or NOT ordering Door Dash can meet reality.
Here are Three Easy Meal Planning Tips, so that you ALWAYS know whats for dinner.
With just a little forethought you whip up delicous meals in minutes...
Create a Weekly Meal Plan:
- Dedicate some time each week to plan your family's meals. Start by making a list of your family's favorite dishes and take into account any dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Create a weekly meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for each day. Use a printable meal planning template or a digital app to organize your plan.
- Consider cooking larger batches of meals that can be stored and reheated for multiple days, reducing the need for daily cooking
Don't be afraid to mix in pre-packaged foods, like frozen chicken strips with an Asian inspired sauce to make a riff on homemade takeout...Cook in some rice and stir fry some frozen veggies, and you have a quick easy meal.
Sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes
Prep Ingredients in Advance:
- After creating your meal plan, make a list of all the ingredients you'll need for the week. Organize your shopping list by category (e.g., produce, dairy, pantry staples) to make grocery shopping more efficient.
- Set aside some time, such as on the weekend, to wash, chop, and prep ingredients like vegetables, fruits, and proteins. Store them in labeled containers or resealable bags in the fridge for easy access during the week.
- Consider using slow cookers, instant pots, or batch cooking methods to prepare meals ahead of time and freeze them for busy days.
Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue.
— Maxim Tourou
Embrace Simple and Quick Recipes:
- Opt for recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. Look for one-pot dishes, sheet pan meals, stir-fries, and recipes with minimal prep and cooking time.
- Keep a collection of simple, go-to recipes that your family enjoys. These can include pasta dishes, salads, sandwiches, and wraps that can be put together in a snap.
- Don't hesitate to use convenience items like pre-cut veggies, pre-marinated proteins, or canned goods to save time on busy days. These can be a lifesaver for making nutritious meals in a hurry.
Bonus Tip: Get the Family Involved
- Encourage your family members, including older children, to help with meal planning, prepping, and cooking. Assign age-appropriate tasks to get everyone involved and reduce the workload on busy moms.
Remember that meal planning doesn't have to be overly complicated. By implementing these tips and finding a routine that works for your family, you can save time and stress while ensuring your loved ones enjoy nutritious meals.